Modems and routers are the primary equipment to connect a broad range of devices within a network connection. Generally, router manufacturers set a default username and password for every router. Router’s vital need is an IP Address. 10.0.0.1 is quite known among the broad range of IP Addresses.
However, 10.0.0.1 is such a type of IP Address, which is not able to be tracked geographically, as this is a private IP Address and not able to connect with other networks except the internal private connection. Every set of routers does not use 10.0.0.1, it has its own specifications. Although, anyone can set their IP address same with 10.0.0.1 as the world, outside the connection cannot access the address.
About 10.0.0.1 IP Address
10.0.0.1 is a private IP Address, which cannot be the same as the other IP Addresses within its network connection area. Also, people tend to confuse 10.0.0.1 IP Address with 10.0.0.0.1, which is a Fake IP Address. However, 10.0.0.1 has to be a unique IP Address within its range; this feature makes it special.
This feature makes this address enable to set up as an individual network, for example, school’s local connection or an office’s network connection. The administrator usually uses 10.0.0.1 as the default address of his/her page. Multiple wireless routers use 10.0.0.1 IP Address. Everyone rather than Public IP Address prefers private IP Addresses because when Private IP Address needs to be distinctive within the LAN connection only, Public IP Addresses need to be special within the whole Internet connection.
NOTE: Always remember to type appropriate IP address in your address bar i.e. 10.0.0.1. Never end up typing 10.0 0.1, 10.0.01, www.10.0.0.1, http //10.0.0.1, http://10.0.0.1., 10.0..0.1, http://10.0.0.1/, https //10.0.0.1 login, or 10.0 0.1 login.
How to Login 10.0.0.1 IP Address | Admin Wireless Settings
10.0.0.1 IP Address maybe unique within its network system, but that does not make any difference in the Login process from the other IP Addresses. You need to follow 4-5 steps to access to 10.0.0.1 Admin page and then you are all set to go. The following steps can help you:
1. At first, click on “Access Router Page” button which is given below.
NOTE: The process will take a few seconds to generate the IP address button. Also, if you’re getting an error or the web page is not loading then it’s not your IP address. Find your router’s IP address in the following article.
2. Now the administration page can be seen on the screen where you have to put down the proper username and password.
3. If you have kept the username and password same with the default username and password, then enter that or in case you have changed the username and password then enter the changed username and password.
4. This action will lead you to the settings and configuration page of your router. Also, this page helps in interchanging the device’s configuration.
5. From 10.0.0.1 IP Address administration page, a handful of configurations you can manage. These are- MAC, PPPOE, DHCP client, WAN, LAN, DSL, DNS and Proxy, IP QoS and Network Security.
Default Router User and Password List
WiFi settings must be changed from the time to time to keep up the security system. Being stagnant with the same username and password for a long time can hamper your network’s security and there remains a chance of misusing it. Therefore, you must have detailed knowledge about your router’s security. Routers come with Manuals, which contains all of the essential details about the system.
To access the network connection through your router, you need to enter that default username and password in the settings page, which will help you to use the connection securely. The following table will help you to let you know about the default username and password of various routers:
What to Do if I Cannot Access the 10.0.0.1 Login Page?
Not being able to connect to the router or router’s administration page is a common issue for the users. Multiple reasons can be blamed for this discomforting situation. Also, to continuously search for the page becomes frustrating for the router users. However, you can check for the following complications:
- Loose connection of Wires
- Poor wire quality
- Any problem in the router itself
- Cords not being plugged in
- Incorrect set up of client and device address
Also, to solve these problems, you can undertake the below-mentioned steps:
- Check for the proper IP Address entering
- Change the wires if they are worn out
- Plug in the cord properly
- Try to open the login page with different browsers
Disable the protections you use in your computer, for example, antivirus
How to Change the Router’s Password
Usually, there are a set of usernames and passwords for the various brands of routers, which the manufacturers decide. Also, the router box contains the default username and password. Usually, the username varies between admin and user and the password varies between 1234 and 0000.
However, as they are known to everyone, it is not at all tough to hack your router or to access to your router. This situation is not at all desirable. Therefore, it is better for the users that they keep changing the passwords of their routers. The following points can help you in this task:
- Identify the ISP, for 10.0.0.1 IP Address the ISP is Comcast Xfinity.
- After locating the proper IP Address, use the address to reach out to the router’s login page.
- Also, you have to enter the appropriate IP Address into the browser & press Enter.
- For Comcast Xfinity, the default username is admin and password is password. Use the right one.
- Due to authentication issue, sometimes you need to factory reset the WiFi Router.
- Comcast Xfinity ISP follows Xfinity Router Admin Tool factory reset process
Now you are all set to go.
The router brands quite use 10.0.0.1. This information guide can help you to solve the issues you can face while dealing with the router as well as can enrich your knowledge about your router and its system functioning.