This guide is all about common router IP address 192.168.8.1 & the process to access your wireless router’s admin panel.
About 192.168.8.1 IP Address
The 192.168.8.1 IP address is a common default IP address which is used by many router manufacturing companies such as Motorola, Aztech, etc. The Internet Network authorities have classified this IP address as a private IP address of type C.
The users don’t need to obtain any license or permission from the authorities to use this IP address. Many users have faced issues while using the routers if 192.168.8.1 IP address. Hence, we shall discuss the entire process of configuring the router with 192.168.8.l as the default IP Address in this article.
What Restrictions Do We Face When Using 192.168.8.1?
A great benefit that you can have when using a private IP address is that you can use it freely without any permission whatsoever. But this comes with some restrictions as well. One of the significant restrictions is that the possible connections in this type of IP addresses are limited.
You can connect only 254 devices to a router with this type of IP address. While 254 seems to be a large number, but if you count the devices associated with each computer system, this number goes to be very small. Hence this is not suitable for use on large networks.
- 192.168.1.2 Admin Login, Username, Password & IP
- 192.168.1.1 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
- 192.168.0.254 Router Login Guide, Username & Password
How To Access 192.168.8.1 IP Admin Panel?
Doing a login into the admin page of the 192.168.8.1 IP address is very easy. It allows you to configure your devices to your router. You should follow the steps given below to log in to the admin page of your router:
1. Open the web browser on your computer system. To avoid any mishaps, always use the latest version of the web browser.
2. Click on the Access Router Page button embedded below.
NOTE: It might take 10 to 25 seconds to open IP’s admin panel. If you’re seeing any blank page then your IP is wrong. You can find your router’s default IP address from here.
WARNING: Don’t type 192.168.8.l, 192.168.81 or 192.168.8.1.1 instead of original IP address. You might end up having blank page in that case.
3. The user authentication page will now open up. At first, type your username and password in the designated area. Then press the enter key to proceed.
4. The admin panel of 192.168.8.1.1 will now be opened. You can configure your devices to your router using this page.
5. From this web page, you can change the bandwidth, name of your network or even your network type.
6. You can also prevent certain devices from connecting to your router and also monitor the various devices connected to your router.
Default Router Username & Password List
Go through this drop-down menu mentioned below in order to find default user & password of any router.
- 192.168.2.1 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
- 192.168.100.1 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
- 192.168.11.1 Admin Login Page, User & Password
How to Change IP Address 192.168.8.1?
Although it isn’t recommended, if you are facing the issues of IP Conflict, you will need to change the IP address of the router from 192.168.8.1 to something else convenient. This is a straightforward task, and you can follow these steps to execute it:
- At first, open the admin page of the old IP address.
- Then log in and open Settings.
- Click on the LAN tab, and select the configure IP Address option.
- Now, type the new IP address and click on OK. Follow the guidelines while entering the new IP address.
- At Last, log in once again from the new IP address.
You have now successfully changed the IP address of your router.
How to Recover the User & Password of the Router?
You should always change the default username and password of your router once you have configured your devices. It is a common habit to forget the username and password of the router. But you don’t have to panic at all because there are various methods by which you can fix this issue. We have discussed those methods below:
Method #1 Try Using the Default Name and Password
If you don’t remember the default username and password of your router, never panic. This information isn’t a secret and is also available in many places. You can refer the two sources given below to find the most accurate information:
- The User Manual of the Router: The User Manual of your router has all the information related to your device, so you should always open it when you face any issue. Using this booklet, you can also find out the default username and password of your router.
- The Sticker on the back of the Router: The sticker on the router also has the default username and password of the router. You can find the default username and password from this sticker as well if you don’t have the user manual.
Method #2 Try to Reset the Router to its Default Configuration
If you have changed the router name and password from default settings, it is a good step. But you will have to reset it to default settings again because it is the only way possible to re-access the admin panel. Also, after using this method, you will have to reconfigure all your devices to the router again.
The best method to reset your router to default settings is to use the pinhole button at the back of the router. Just press and hold the pinhole button for about 10-15 seconds to, and it will accept the default username and password after a reboot. At last, you can now log in to the admin page quickly using the default username and password.
Method #3 Use the Default Username and Password List
It is an excellent method to recover the router username and password. However, this is useful only when you don’t want to reset the router. If you are unable to find the default username and password of your router, you can use the list of default username and password which is readily available on the internet.
Method #4 Port Forwarding
It is a feature that allows using of the ports of the router without entering any password. For example, if you want to play games on your computer, then the ports can be opened by a computer, and you can use it. Your computer must have the Universal Plug n Play feature enabled to perform this action.
- 192.168.1.100 Admin Login, User, Password and IP
- 192.168.1.18 Router Admin Login Page, User & Password
- 192.168.1.13 Admin Login Page, Username & Password
- 192.168.16.1 Router Login Guide, Username & Password
Issues With the IP Address 192.168.8.1
While using the 192.168.8.1 admin login page, you should always take a few precautions so that the performance isn’t hindered. Some of them are:
- An unstable power supply may create hindrance in the usage. Hence, use a stable power supply to avoid this.
- Poor quality cables cannot transmit data properly. Therefore, always use good quality cables if you are using a wire-based network.
- Always check the router signals and they should be in a working condition.